We’ve written previously about the benefits of outsourcing your social media to a team of professionals, but while you might have taken this to mean Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, the benefits of Instagram for business might not have crossed your mind.
In April 2017, more than 700 million people were actively using Instagram each month – double the monthly active users of Twitter. 80% of these users follow at least one business on the platform with 60% hearing about a product or service through Instagram.
So how could your business benefit from having a presence on Instagram?
1. Increase your brand identity – in a crowded marketplace, Instagram allows your creativity to shine. Your brand identity is what distinguishes you from your competitors and on Instagram, you can really develop this identity visually, reminding clients or customers of what you do best. You can get creative with a photography theme, series of videos or the use of a certain colour or filter – all of which will help you to stand out from your rivals.
2. Drive traffic to your website – Instagram for Business accounts can add a URL to their profile page, encouraging people to click through to your website. Business accounts can also advertise to potential customers which will also lead to people heading to your website
3. Connect with influencers – take the time to connect and interact with influencers (people who could enhance and project your brand to a wider audience). By connecting with people who could be interested in sharing your brand with their own followers, you will increase your brand presence.
4. Engage with potential customers – Instagram hashtags are one of the best ways to grow your following. Using the right combination of hashtags can help you expose your brand to bigger and targeted audiences. Posts with at least one Instagram hashtag average 12.6% more engagement than those without. As well as using hashtags relevant to your industry or product, popular hashtags such as #tbt (throwback Thursday) will help with engagement.
5. Humanise your brand – Instagram Stories – where users can record videos which will only display for 24 hours – allow you to inject a bit of personality to your social media. Whether it is sharing company milestones or behind the scenes clips, you can edit the short videos with emojis, text and illustrations, showing a different side to your usual corporate postings. Instagram Stories appear at the top of followers’ feeds, which is increasingly important with the new algorithmic model potentially reducing how often you appear in your followers’ feeds.
If you are on Instagram and want to check out our latest projects, design work, press coverage and marketing campaigns, give us a follow – you can find us here